- He told us THEY had decided that HE would make all the decisions in the relationship–that doesn’t work on kids, I don’t know why it would work on wives.
- From the day they started dating, he’s been trying to make her into something she isn’t. He’s a triathlete and from the beginning he’s been dragging her out on bike rides even though she doesn’t even like it. He even bought her an eight-hundred dollar racing bike. This is the kind of girl who doesn’t want to smudge her makeup. If she’s going to work out, it’s going to be in a nice, air conditioned gym somewhere.
- He’s planned his entire career without even consulting her–including a one year un-accompanied tour in Korea and three years in Europe. Even if I can’t make the decisions (snicker), I would at least like to weigh-in on things like that.
- He has openly encouraged her not to hang out with crazy girls who think they can tell their husbands what to do (he had a list of actual girls).
- THEY mutually decided that she doesn’t need to pursue her bachelor’s degree–it’s expensive and, besides, "it’s not like she’s going to have a career or anything."
I tremble with anger when I hear stuff like this. I don’t care what women do–they can run for congress or stay home and make organic baby food for their six kids–I just think women deserve a CHOICE. It’s obvious that this girl thinks so lowly of herself that she doesn’t even think she deserves that.
Is it any wonder I didn’t attend the festivities?
Addendum: pencils, check! cap erasers, check! sweat shirts in school colors, check! State writing test tomorrow! Here we come.