What she wore:long-sleeve pink tee, white linen gauchos with a draw string waist, two-tone pink slides. No comments.
I checked out the new show Teachers last night and quite frankly I don’t think they’re doing us justice. I mean sometimes we’re silly and funny and dramatic and this show just doesn’t seem to get it. Here’s the sitcom re-cap of my day:
- I arrived at school with a covert package. I snuck into Mr. K’s room, handed it off, and he hid it in his desk (you’ll have to stay tuned if you want find out what it was)
- We’re explaining how two sex cells come together to make a new organism in science class. This is interesting because a Minister’s wife is my co-teacher and she’s trying her hardest not to say anything "inappropriate."
- When I asked one kid what was needed to create a new organism, he replied, "a lady-friend," and then proceeded to gyrate. Frightening.
- When trying to explain sex cells to another student, I was explaining that all humans have them. She says, "can we just use real people, like you?" Uhhh, no, we’re not going to talk about my ovaries. Sorry, that’s just icky.
- The day ended, my tutorial students left, and the time was right. I turned to Mr. K and said, "do you know what time it is?" "I’ve been waiting all day," he replied. I went and shut the door and we took out my covert treasure: Dr. Dre’s "Nothing But a G Thang, Baby." We finished the day listening to old school rap.
That’s a pretty interesting day, right?