- He lived in Saudi Arabia for four years since his father worked for an oil company. He missed the late 80’s and therefore thinks it’s weird whenever I do the Roger Rabbit or the the Kid ‘n’ Play.
- Well, duh, me, but seriously, unconditional acceptance is hard to find and he gives it out to everyone. Whoever you are, whatever your story, he shows patience and acceptance. You don’t have to change to suit him.
- Our dog–I was getting together some pictures of him for this entry and I noticed that he’s with the dog in every one.
- Lifting heavy stuff–not boxes, but weights. He recentently maxed which he does every year on his birthday. He was in the 500’s on deadlift and squat. He was over 300 on bench, but he claims he was recovering from an over-training session. He absolutely HATES to move furniture, though. I’m always saying, "If I painted a big number on it, you’d want to move it."
- Food/cooking–he’s like a gourmet. He teaches everyone who comes over something about food and loves to prepare it. He makes a tiramisu that’s supposedly fabulous, and a cheesecake that makes me drool just typing about it.
- Music–specifically, jazz and blues. He used to play the saxaphone, but life doesn’t really give him enough time for that.
- He’s quiet and thoughtful–sometimes it takes him several days to process an event. Sometimes people think he’s judgmental, but he’s not–he just doesn’t say ANYTHING while you’re talking.
- He’s a leader: in college he was president of his fraternity, one of the top two guys in ROTC, and started a club for future engineers. All this, while keeping me happy–it’s a wonder he didn’t have a nervous break down.
- He’s calm: I’m a tizzy of a person. He calm presense keeps me grounded and sane. I can’t wait till he gets back.
OK, I’ve waxed poetic long enough! You get the picture, I’m crazy about the guy. Here are some pics, including the promised tush picture.
I almost forgot: My friend from the real world stopped by AND left a comment. I feel so special!